Dr. Sameer B. Mulani
- Associate Professor
Areas of Research
- Aerospace Structures
- Uncertainty Quantification
- Random Vibrations
- Numerical Methods
- Ph.D., Aerospace and Ocean Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 2006
- M. Tech., Aerospace Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Mumbai, India, and University of Stuttgart, Germany, 2000
- B.E., Civil Engineering, Walchand College of Engineering, Sangli, India, 1996
Publications and Patents:
- Papon, E. A., Haque, A., and Mulani, S. B., “Process Optimization and Stochastic Modeling of Void Contents and Mechanical Properties in Additively Manufactured Composites,” Composites Part B: Engineering, 177, pp. 107325, (2019)
- Hussein, O. S., and Mulani, S. B., “Nonlinear Aeroelastic Stability Analysis of In-plane Functionally Graded Metal Nanocomposite Panels in Supersonic Flow,” Thin-Walled Structures, 139, pp. 398-411, (2019)
- Jony, B., Thapa, M., Mulani, S. B., and Roy, S., “Repeatable Self-Healing of Thermosetting Fiber Reinforced Polymer Composites by Thermoplastic Healent,” Smart Materials and Structures, 28(2), pp. 025037, (2019) (https://doi.org/10.1088/1361-665X/aaf833)
- Thapa, M., Mulani, S. B., and Walters R. W., “Stochastic Multi-Scale Modeling of Carbon Fiber Reinforced Composites with Polynomial Chaos,” Composite Structures, 213, pp. 82-97, (2019)
- Thapa, M., Mulani, S. B., and Walters, R. W., “Polynomial Chaos for Uncertainty Quantification: Past, Present, and Future,” in Uncertainty Quantification: Advances in Research and Applications, Nova Science Publishers Inc., ISBN 978-1-53614-862-6.
Honors and Awards:
- DAAD Fellowship: Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (German Academic Exchange Service), awarded for pursuing research at the Institut für Statik und Dynamik der Luft-und-Raumfahrtkonstruktionen, Uinverstität Stuttgart, Stuttgart, Germany from May 1999 to February 2000.
- Night on the Town: The General Electric Award is the recognition of the methodology developed for prediction of damping for shrouded buckets in the rotor and implemented successfully in the BDamper tool. It was awarded on 22nd June 2007.