Dr. Xiaowen Wang
- Assistant Professor
Areas of Research
- Computational fluid dynamics
- High-order numerical methods
- Thermochemical non-equilibrium flows
- High-temperature gas dynamics
- Stability and control
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, University of California, Los Angeles, 2007
- M.S., Fluid Mechanics, University of Science and Technology of China, 2002
- B.S., Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, University of Science and Technology of China, 1999
Dr. Xiaowen Wang’s research interests include high-order numerical methods, CFD of thermochemical non-equilibrium flows, stability analysis and transition control of hypersonic boundary layers, direct numerical simulation of shock and turbulence interaction.
Dr. Wang is an Associate Fellow of the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA). He has been worked as members of the AIAA Thermophysics Technical Committee, the AIAA Applied Aerodynamics Technical Committee and the AIAA Fluid Dynamics Technical Committee since 2009.